Work Permit

Canada Visa Type

Work Permit

For the students

  • Off Campus Work Permit: You are able to work upto 20 hours per week during your studies if you meet the eligibility requirements. 
  • Co-op Work Permit: Work experience as part of the study program’s curriculum.
  • Post Graduate Work Permit: To work in Canada after you graduate from certain designated learning institutions. 


Spouse or Common-Law Partner Work Permit

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you meet the following requirement: 

  • Have a valid study permit and are a full-time student at a Canadian private or public school that can legally award degrees under provincial law OR 
  • Are working as a skilled worker.